INTESOL Japan provides online training courses where students can study at their own pace. Your personal tutor will support you through detailed feedback and guidance. In the 180 hour programme, students are provided with a 400-page textbook and submit about 50 tasks, which includes preparation of their own lesson materials. The course is not provided onsite at this stage.
TESOL Course Structure
In addition to all the benefits of the 150 hour Online Cert TESOL, this course includes THREE advanced modules:
Additional Course Contents
Unit 5: ESOL Skills for Life (not assessed)
At the end of the Skills for Life module you will:
– have been introduced to the UK national ESOL Skills for Life programme and the Adult ESOL Core Curriculum.
– understand the differences between ESOL Skills for Life and other existing ESOL courses.
– have identified the aims of the ESOL Skills for Life course and the needs of the target learners.
– assessment procedures developed for the ESOL Skills for Life programme.
– know where to get materials and further information for the ESOL Skills for Life courses and assessment.
Unit 6: Business English
Subjects covered in this unit are:
– Business English in relation to EFL/ESOL
– How to carry out a Needs Analysis
– Matching course content to target group
– Creating materials for Business English
– How to write a Business English syllabus
Unit 7: Young Learners
Subjects covered in this unit are:
– Differences between the ways in which adults and children learn
– Features in the stages of development of Young Learners
– Classroom management strategies for use in the Young Learners classroom
– Teaching techniques for use with Young Learners
Assessment and Grading
The course is continually assessed – there are no final examinations. You will be set tasks throughout the course, which are submitted for assessment by your trainers. These tasks are graded and returned with comments and guidance for your development.
At INTESOL Japan we pride ourselves on personalised service, and we are constantly available to offer individual support and coaching. This means that your success on the course is virtually guaranteed.
Duration of the course
The length of time it takes to complete the course depends on your other commitments. There are approximately 180+ hours of work in the course. As a general guideline most students complete the course within 6-9 months, however if more time is required, this is not a problem. 180 Hour Online TESOL Course is valid for 15 months commencing from the date enrollment is completed. If you are in a hurry, for example due to an overseas deadline, inform your tutor who will guide you through the course and enable you to complete it more quickly.
After Completion – Award of Certificate
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive:
- ALAP 180 Hour Certificate in TESOL
- ALAP Course Transcript (showing the content you have studied)
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded an INTESOL Certificate with one of the following grades:
- A1 – Distinction
- A2 – Excellent
- B1 – Very good
- B2 – Good
- C – Pass
INTESOL Worldwide TESOL/TEFL courses are accredited and certified by ALAP (Awarding Language Acquisition for Professionals), a UK based Awarding Organisation. ALAP is an accrediting organisation that specialises in the ELT industry.
ALAP is supported by an esteemed Academic Panel who are all experts in the field of English Language Teaching. The ALAP panel oversee matters related to academic quality, ensuring that the value of an ALAP Certificate is upheld.
Gaining a TESOL Certificate Awarded Through ALAP.
What This Means to You, the Student!
- You receive a graded TESOL certificate direct from ALAP.
- You will receive a Course Transcript from ALAP showing what you have studied and how many hours.
- Employers worldwide will know that your course is of a high academic standard.
- Your TESOL certification course is moderated and the procedures are checked by an external body.
- Your course provider and awarding body are investing in quality and are committed to giving excellent service.
Now proud to offer TEFL/TESOL dual certification and verification direct from the awarding body. For more information click here
Sample ALAP Certificate
|White Plan||Blue Plan|
|TESOL course accreditation by ALAP – a specialst UK ELT awarding organisation.||YES||YES|
|Graded TESOL certificate direct from ALAP.||YES||YES|
|Course transcript direct from ALAP showing what you have studied and the number of hours.||YES||YES|
|Course materials can be downloaded from the member site throughout the duration of your enrolment||YES||YES|
|Support, detailed feedback and guidance from a personal tutor.||YES||YES|
|E-mail contact during your enrolment to assist with difficulties in any aspect of the course.||YES||YES|
|Written reference from the INTESOL Japan Director of Studies if required.||YES||YES|
|Course entry level check for non-native speakers of English.||YES||YES|
|Face-to-face support with a tutor via Skype.||YES|
|Participation in a Web Workshop programme session of your choice.||YES|
|Feedback on two lesson plans within 3 months of completing your course.||YES|
White PlanBlue Plan
To commemorate the achievement of 800 students, we are holding a thanks campaign for a discount tuition fee until December 30th!
The course materials can be downloaded in the member site.
The course fee can be paid in 3 instalments:
- 1st 28,800 yen
- 2nd 15,000 yen
- 3rd 15,000 yen.
- 1st 33,800 yen
- 2nd 20,000 yen
- 3rd 20,000 yen.
NB THERE IS NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR PAYING IN INSTALMENTS
- For all fees 1st instalment is payable on registration,
- 2nd instalment is due one calendar month later
- and 3rd payment one further calendar month later.
- Please note: There are no set start dates. You decide when you start.